The President of the United States of America takes pleasure in presenting the Navy Cross to Corporal Dean A. Wells (MCSN: 506269), United States Marine Corps Reserve, for extraordinary heroism and devotion to duty while serving as a member of a demolition team of Company C, First Battalion, Twenty-Ninth Marines, SIXTH Marine Division, in action against enemy Japanese forces on Okinawa, Ryukyu Islands, 15 May 1945. When his platoon’s advance was temporarily halted by intense hostile fire emanating from a strongly defended enemy ridge, Corporal Wells courageously led a demolition team forward through the rain of hostile fire and directed his men in destroying one of three strong points. As the overwhelming fire superiority of the Japanese made it impossible for his team to continue, he voluntarily crawled forward alone across an exposed area to destroy another position and, after obtaining additional grenades and demolitions, again braved the hail of enemy shrapnel and bullets to assault the ridge. Although seriously wounded, he succeeded in neutralizing the third pocket of resistance and enabled his platoon to advance and secure the ridge. By his personal valor, initiative and aggressive fighting spirit, Corporal Wells upheld the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service.
- » REMINDER: Holiday Light Drives. Dec 17, 18 & 19
- » Action by the State E-Board Re: Aurora Airport Expansion
- » Photos with Santa. Saturday, Dec 8th. 12 – 3pm at Lux Sucre
- » Danny Vandecoevering leaving Charbonneau Golf Club
- » Dec. 20: Charbonneau Shuttle Training & Coffee at Starbucks
- » WIlsonville Library News – December 2018
- » Dec. 1-Dec. 14: Charbonneau Sharing
- » City Invites ‘Community Enhancement’ Project Nominations Until Jan. 21
- » Wilsonville Parks & Recreation. Dec ’18
- » Holiday Dance. Dec 18th at 7pm.