Greetings to All Library Fans!
Have you visited your library yet? If not, you should! Your Wilsonville Library is one of the few libraries in the area that has its building actually open to the public (and we were the very first in the area to do so!)
Just in case no one has told you yet, we have new, temporary, hours during the pandemic. These will revert to our normal hours at some time in the future, but at present our hours are as follows:
- Sundays and Mondays: Closed
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Wednesdays: 2:00pm – 8:00pm (our late day)
Like our hours, some of our services are not quite back to normal. We do offer as many services as we can while staying in compliance with City and State mandates, and also with an eye toward protecting the health of our visiting patrons and staff. So, here’s what we do (and can’t do) now:
- You can enter the building (mask required) to pick up books that you have previously put on hold, consult our catalog (or a reference librarian), or to get a library card. Meeting rooms, tables and other furniture encouraging sitting or staying for an extended period, are sadly absent for now.
- We will also happily grab requested books for you off our shelves that you can then check out and take home. Just ask! Our book stack areas do remain closed for browsing to non-staff members, however.
- Sorry, public computers are not yet available. We will shortly have some Chromebook computers and wifi hotspots available for checkout. You will be able to check out these computers to take home, or to use in our parking lot, with our free WiFi!
- Hooray—printing, scanning, and faxing are all still available. Staff would be happy to print (or scan and email) your documents for you. For printing, you can email documents (as an email attachment) to us from home at email@example.com, and we can have them waiting at the Reference Desk for you to pick up. Let us know in your email when you’ll be arriving to claim them.
- Notary services are suspended at present.
- We are offering many programs for adults and children available online via Zoom. In many cases, you can request a Zoom code right from our webpage that will allow you virtual entry to a program. We already have participants from all over the world taking part! Take a look at the offerings on our website for more information.
Your library staff wishes you the very best during these trying times. Give us a call at 503-682-2744 if you have any questions. And please stay healthy! Remember that we are here to help you in any way we can. We suggest that you take a walk along some of the beautiful nature trails available in the area, and then settle in with a book (e-book or otherwise) and a cup of hot tea. Enjoy the beauty of the season!
Source: Greg Martin. 11.7.20