Above: Charbonneau Golf Club’s Board of Directors at their December meeting: Don Mason, Lee Zinsli, Dan Wilcox, Steve Hall, Denny Atkin, Dale Owen, Kathie Barton, Bill Shevlin, Bob Wiese
A Year of Change & New Direction at the Golf Club
Body, Mind and Spirit is the theme of this month’s Villager – Which provides a great way to break down the qualities of the Golf Club’s Board of Directors:
Body – Like an individual striving to protect and make healthier his or her body, we have constantly looked for ways to improve our product and the grounds we all play on.
Mind – Our board has, as a team, worked closely, with one mind, all year with a single focus: To protect our golf course into the long-term future.
Spirit – Come visit one of our board meetings sometime soon. You will discover a group of interested, caring and happy individuals who bring a mutual spirit to their volunteer efforts!
Year in Review — Highlights of 2016:
Listed below are just some of this year’s accomplishments. Wait til next year!!!
– New Snack Bar under construction
– Decision made to attempt sale of driving range to secure long-term future of golf operations
– Successful new Membership Program announced to replace old annual passes.
– Contest held to name our new snack bar. Winner – The Turn, coined by Caryl Thomas.
– Remodel of pro shop, including new snack bar space and kitchen completed.
– Tory Mobley Named Food and Beverage Manager
– “The Turn at Charbonneau” opens and is an immediate success.
– Kathie Barton joins team on board of directors. Laura Noffke retires after many years of service.
– Memberships are up 25%! Membership cards announced offering 10% discounts.
– Sale of three lots at end of driving range closed.
– Pahlisch Homes begins construction of three homes on Arbor Lake Drive.
– Planning underway for new golf warm-up facility.
– Bylaw changes under review with goal to secure long-term financial stability and reserves.
News update: The CGCI is sending out their periodic customer survey soon. Watch for it in your email box.
Source: D. Atkin, 1.3.17